We see you out there, you men and women serving as police officers—wearing your protective masks, sweating in the hot summer sun, watching the streets, there to help keep order and peace.
We know it’s not easy. We know you don’t always get a lot of expressions of thanks. Today, we just want to say: thank you.
Like teachers, you don’t get paid a ton of money for what you do. We know for most of you, your work is a ministry and a calling. The hours are long and the expectations are high. But for you it’s worth it. You know God gifted you with the skills, heart, brain, and ability to do what you do. You have been called to the task, and you responded, as did the prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 6:8 when the Lord called him to be His voice among the people, “Here am I. Send me” (NIV).
Sometimes you get a lot of criticism for things other people do... others who use excessive force, who make poor choices, who do wrong things. Yet still you persist, day after day. You keep the peace and help make society a safer and better place. You help stranded motorists and rescue victims of domestic violence. You keep an eye out for local terrorism and rabid dogs. You keep the roads safe and our neighborhoods serene.
Your very presence brings calm and assurance. You represent good, order, righteousness, lawfulness.
Thank you. For all of this and more—thank you.
Today, we offer some Bible verses that we hope in some small way show how much we appreciate you, your service, and your sacrifice.
Also, for the rest of July, we at Armor of God Coffee are offering a 10% discount on our coffee for anyone who serves or has served as a police officer, a first responder. If you are a police officer or first responder, you can use this code on the honor system to receive your discount through the end of July: BLUE10.
God bless you, now and always.
Bible verses in appreciation of our police officers:
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” Matthew 5:9 NIV
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1 NIV
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NIV
- “Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.” Psalm 144:1-2 NIV
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10-11 NIV